Monday, March 2, 2009

Motivation at the gym

I have been enjoying my gym membership at a local gym since last fall. I have found my greatest motivation, and my greatest workouts, are when I participate in an exercise class. I guess I'm more of a "groupie" than I thought.

I like the instructor yelling out words of encouragement.

I like learning new exercises for the routines that we do.

I like how I get a chance to work every muscle - even some I didn't know I had!

I have walked the treadmill for 45 minutes, but nothing gets me more excited than taking a class I enjoy. Currently I do Yoga on Tuesday and Thursday mornings before work, and on Monday and Wednesday nights I do Cardio Step Blast. We have so much fun!
Research shows that having a work out buddy can not only make fitness more fun, but it can also keep you motivated longer. I consider my class my buddy system, and so far so good!
What are some things that help keep you motivated to keep exercising?

No comments:

Post a Comment