Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Two Top Superfoods

Okay, I just posted recently about the benefits of Acai. Acai is one of the top super foods, and goji berries is the other. Goji berries have been used for 6,000 years by herbalists in China, Tibet and India to:

protect the liver
help eyesight
improve sexual function and fertility
strengthen the legs
boost immune function
improve circulation
promote longevity

Google "goji" and you'll find the fruit praised, often by people who are selling it, as a weight loss aid, cancer fighter, and "the most nutritionally dense food on the planet." Dr. Mehmet Oz recommended the berries as a good source of antioxidants. I purchased some at my local food co-op and have been eating them in my oatmeal every morning. Be aware - anything with goji is not cheap. The 120z bag that I purchased was almost $15! One thing is that eating healthy is not cheap. But then again, why would you want to eat cheap for your health?

2 comments:

  1. Have you noticed anything with the Gogi berries (or Acai)? Also, have you tried Coconut Oil? It has to be the organic, virgin formula....also expensive, of course. I've read a lot on the Internet about it (lots of benefits, including weight loss and health).
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Shelly~
    Yes, I have noticed that I do have more energy and feel overall "refreshed" since I have been taking the Gogi berries and Acai vitamins. Interesting to note is that I am not digesting the Gogi berries very well - they tend to come out whole - so not sure if I am getting the full health benefits of them??
    I have not tried the organic coconut oil, but will check into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete